U.S. Technical engineering service provides diverse capabilities and an experienced staff to deliver the level of support needed for your project. Our engineering projects range from a simple modification or improvement of a single system or product up to a complete integration such as a nose-to-tail interior reconfiguration.
As the provider of your engineering needs, the program manager assigned to your project will:
- Work with you to develop a comprehensive project schedule that details the milestones and critical paths of the engineering and certification process.
- Coordinate with the FAA and airline or product manufacturer to assure that all parties understand the scope of the work.
- Gather data and survey the aircraft to plan the installation and interfacing of the product into the aircraft.
- Work closely with you throughout the project to ensure that the project is on-schedule and in accordance with the statement of work.
- Provide knowledgeable on-site engineering staff to act as liaison between the suppliers, U.S. Technical, the FAA and you, the customer.
- At completion of the project, provide you with all the certification documentation and technical publications needed to operate the aircraft or sell your product to the industry.
Program driven, U.S. Technical engineering operations are headed by Program Managers who have total program responsibility for their programs and stay with the programs until they are completed. Most of our engineering projects include FAA certification, installation, and integration parts kits. Following are a few of these projects:
- Integration engineering for the installation of in-flight phones, entertainment systems, live radio, and anti-ice systems.
- Complete nose-to-tail interior and cockpit reconfiguration for standardization.
- Structural, electrical and mechanical systems modification engineering for replacement of galleys, seats and lavatories.
- Integration engineering for the installation of HUD, GPS, ACARS, TCAS, assorted avionics systems and their associated antennas.
- Product design from inception to mass production/installation.
In the event that custom manufactured parts, cables or assemblies are needed to integrate your product into the aircraft, U.S. Technical will design, manufacture and obtain PMA (Parts Manufacturer Approval) for the parts or assemblies.