U.S. Technical has multiple Repair Specifications (RS) Authorizing Designated Engineering Representative (DERs) to Approve Repair Specifications (RS), as well as, a full staff of Systems & Equipment (Electrical and Mechanical), Structures, and Interior Compliance DERs on hand.
The Repair specifications (RS) provides an alternative to the methods, techniques and/or practices contained in the current manufacturer’s manuals, service bulletins, or instructions for continued airworthiness (ICA). They are required when the repair will be used for multiple-use, non-serial number specific, non-DAH repairs. They include step-by-step “how to” instructions for performing the repair.
The RS describes:
- What the specific repair accomplishes,
- When the repair is applicable,
- How the repair will be accomplished,
- How the repair is substantiated,
- How the repair will be inspected,
- How the repair must be maintained, and
- How the repair specification will be kept up to date.